- The registration fees are non-refundable.
- If you are an author of one or more papers, please read carefully the Items A through D in the Registration Procedures below and follow the instructions.
- If you are a non-author (i.e., you have no papers and will just attend the conference), please click the below button. So you will be guided to the non-authors’ registration site, where you should follow the instructions for registration.
For those of you who have an accepted paper, please do NOT USE this link!! You should have already received a dedicated and personalized “author-registration” link via email.
GASS 2023 is a 100% on-site event. There will be NO facilities offered to either present or attend in real time online. In order to determine which registration fee, you need to pay, please follow the instructions below.
A. If you are a presenting author of an accepted "on-site oral presentation" or "on-site poster":
- You will need to be present in Sapporo during GASS 2023
- You need to register before 1 June 2023 otherwise your paper will automatically be removed from the programme and will be considered as “withdrawn”.
- When registration opens, you will receive a dedicated and personalized “author-registration” link via email, by which you should register using "Full Registration” (select URSI/IEEE AP-S/AGU/EurAAP/IEICE member, non-member or student according to your status).
- For both posters and oral presentations, we will offer the possibility to upload a pre-recorded presentation (specific instructions will follow when registration opens) so any attendee can watch, in his/her time your presentation online.
- Remember that one registration can only cover two presentations! If you have more presentations, you will need to ask one of your co-authors to register and make the presentation.
B. If you are a presenting author of an accepted "pre-recorded online presentation":
- This only applies if you will NOT be in Sapporo.
- You need to upload a pre-recorded presentation (specific instructions will follow when registration opens) so any attendee can watch, in his/her time your presentation online.
- There is no timeslot allocated to your paper in the programme, and there will be NO opportunity to present the paper in real time online
- Your paper will be included in the GASS 2023 proceedings (but will NOT be submitted to IEEE Xplore) if you register.
- There are 2 options for you to register:
Option 1: Register using “Full Registration”:
- 1) You will receive a dedicated and personalized link to register as an author when registration opens.
- 2) This link will offer you the possibility to register using “Full Registration" (use URSI member, non-member or student according to your status).
- 3) This option will allow you to access all PDFs and all pre-recorded presentations already during GASS 2023.
- 4) Your paper and presentation will be accessible for all attendees
- 5) Your paper will be included in the GASS 2023 proceedings
- 1) You will receive a dedicated and personalized link via email, to register as a “virtual conference viewer” AFTER GASS 2023 only.
- 2) This option will only allow you to access all PDFs and all pre-recorded presentations AFTER GASS 2023.
- 3) Your paper and presentation however will already be accessible for all attendees DURING GASS 2023.
- 4) Your paper will be included in the GASS 2023 proceedings.
- 5) Keep in mind that if, after GASS 2023, we do not receive a registration, your paper will be withdrawn from the GASS 2023 proceedings, but will have been accessible to all attendees during GASS 2023.
- Remember that one registration can only cover two papers! If you have more papers, you will need to ask one of your co-authors to register.
C. Change of presentation type:
- If you are a presenting author of an accepted paper (oral & poster) but will NOT be able to make it to Japan then please ask Inge Lievens <Inge.Lievens@UGent.be> as soon as possible for change of your presentation category to "pre-recorded online presentation" and follow the instructions in Item B above.
- If you are a presenting author of an accepted "pre-recorded online presentation", but you decide to attend GASS 2023 in person in Sapporo, please inform Inge Lievens <Inge.Lievens@UGent.be> as soon as possible for change of your presentation category to on-site presentation and then follow Item A above.
D. Young Scientist Award
If you have applied for the Young Scientist Award (YSA), you will receive a notification email around 15 April 2023. In case you are awarded the YSA, your registration fee will be waived and a special personalized link will be given in the notification e-mail you will receive. If you are not successful in the YSA, you are required to register as a regular participant and make payment.
|Category||Early(until June 1, 2023)||Midterm (June 2 – July 15, 2023)||Late (July 16 – August 26, 2023)||After Conference|
|1. Full Registration(1)|
|Members(2)||€ 665||€ 785||€ 900||---|
|Non-Members||€ 755||€ 885||€ 1,000||---|
|Students||€ 300||€ 360||€ 420||---|
|2. Other Categories|
|Virtual Conference Viewers(3)||---||---||---||€ 270|
|Pre-Conference Program on August 19 and 20, 2023(4)||€ 220||€ 220||€ 260||---|
|Accompanying Person(5)||€ 100||€ 100||€ 100||---|
|Opening Reception (additional ticket)||€ 30||€ 30||€ 30||---|
|Banquet||€ 100||€ 100||€ 100||---|
|Lunch Ticket(6)||€ 15||€ 15||€ 15||---|
(1) Full registration includes the following:
- Access to URSI GASS 2023 online material: pre-recorded presentations, poster files in pdf, etc. (during the conference until December 31, 2023);
- Admission to URSI GASS 2023 Opening / Closing Ceremonies;
- Access to all URSI GASS 2023 sessions (including Pre-Conference Program on Saturday, August 19, 2023 and Sunday, August 20, 2023);
- Access to URSI GASS 2023 Opening Reception;
- Access to URSI GASS 2023 Exhibition;
- Coffee breaks;
- Onsite conference material;
- 3-year (August 2023 – July 2026) Corresponding Membership for URSI, if not yet being URSI Senior Member or URSI Fellow.
(2) Membership status refers to the following categories:
- URSI Senior Member;
- URSI Fellow;
- Member, IEEE AP-S (Antennas and Propagation Society);
- Member, AGU (American Geophysical Union);
- Member, EurAAP (European Association on Antennas and Propagation);
- Member, IEICE (The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers).
(3) Virtual conference viewers can see recordings and PDF materials ONLY AFTER URSI GASS 2023 (until December 31, 2023). Hence there will be no interactions with participants and no possibilities of viewing online material during URSI GASS 2023.
(4) The registration fee for the Pre-Conference Program applies to participants attending the conference events (workshops and short courses) held only on Saturday, August 19, 2023 and Sunday, August 20, 2023. It also includes the admission to the URSI GASS 2023 Opening Ceremony and Opening Reception on Sunday, August 20, 2023 and conference material. This fee does not allow participants to attend the rest of the scientific program.
(5) The accompanying person’s fee includes the following:
- Admission to Opening/Closing Ceremonies;
- Admission to Opening Reception;
- Coffee breaks;
- Access to accompanying persons’ room, 1F, Sapporo Convention Center;
- Sapporo city tour;
- Japanese cultural experiences.
(6) Lunch tickets
At the time of your registration, lunch tickets can be purchased at the price of 15 Euro for one lunch (one box lunch + one soft drink).